Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A. Erosion control and water quality control facilities for projects that disturb over five acres must apply to the state Department of Ecology for an NPDES permit.

B. Erosion control plans are required as a component of the site plan for all plats and all projects, which require site plan review. Erosion control plans may include practices such as using straw bales, hydro seeding, etc.

C. Development of the land may not begin (and no building permits may be issued) until the town engineer approves the erosion control plan.

D. For purposes of this section, “disturb” means any use of the land by any person in any development, and/or road construction and maintenance that results in a change in the natural cover or topography that may cause or contribute to sedimentation. Sedimentation occurs whenever solid particulate matter, mineral or organic, is transported by water, air, gravity, or ice from the site of its origin. [Ord. 378 § 2 (Exh. 1), 1999.]